Thursday, July 2, 2009

Disguises

I just had to fall sick on Monday night.
But I consider it a blessing in disguise.
And the story goes like this (it's a little embellished because it happened nearly 4 days ago):
Tuesday night.
Had to replace Chemistry because I didn't make it on Monday.
And because I had to sit for the wretched exam. Or test. Or pop quiz. Whichever.
I finished about half an hour earlier.
So I just sat in class, twiddling my thumbs and wondering "What are my friends doing downstairs?"
Yes, they were downstairs in Physics.
The class I was supposed to go on Tuesday (I blame you, rain!)
On the way home, I texted Emily.
"What did you do in Physics just now?"
"Oh, we did transformer."
"Did you receive the test results?"
"No lah. He said do transformer first. Btw, NS list come out liao. Me, Bol and Drea didn't get."
My heart stopped.
Crap.
"How to check?"
"*forwards text message*"
"Thanks."
So I painstakingly typed in my IC number and waited.
And waited.
And waited.
While waiting, I started contemplating.
If I don't get, learn mandarin. Will look good on resume'.
If I get? Not so bad actually. 1 month practical, 1 month study and no exams, 1 month charity work.
Not bad.
Get allowance too.
Food and lodging provided.
Besides, two weeks break if you (girls only) get their monthly ermm, that.
When else can I get this opportunity?
But if don't get better.
*Phone vibrates*
Sh_t.
Signing out,
flood, please!!
Ps: Blessing in disguise because I didn't have to face scutiny in tuition.
Pss: My mum considers getting it a blessing in disguise too. But in the words of my sister: "That is one ugly disguise".

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Sh_t haha.. Nice one dear.

    no worries. we share the same fate. =P!

    ReplyDelete