Friday, October 2, 2009

D-stressing

I just came back from Friendship Park.
How did we end up there?
It was about 8.45pm when my mum said, "Close the door. Mosquitoes are coming in."
That's when I saw a ghostly yellow light floating near my front gate.
Yesh, people were walking to Friendship Park to show off their pretty candle-lit (I think) lanterns.
"Mum, is today the Lantern Festival? I see people walking to Friendship Park. Wanna go join them?"
5 minutes later, we were actually walking to Friendship Park in the night.
With the added gust of cool wind, it was very refreshing to walk in the night.
When we arrived, the park was full (not so la) of pale yellow lanterns. Some were as big as the kid holding it.
Then was shocked to see a lantern illuminating blue lights. As we walked closer, it was actually one of those battery operated lanterns. I know, ketinggalan zaman.
Anyway, watching people holding lanterns was quite nostalgic. Just the day before, my mum showed me a picture of me (of course) when I was about 2, holding a lantern. I was somehow afraid of it or thought it was evil. Whatever it was, I held it like it was a bug from outer space.
When I find the picture again, I'll scan it and post it. If I remember. Or not. =P
Oh, and I have a quote before I go.
~Sneeze all your troubles away~ Larry the Cucumber, Vege Tales.

Signing out,
omgwththeresabuggedditoff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment