Time just seem to whiz past, pandemonium ensues and thus causing havoc.
It seemed like just yesterday I started the week with Ethics and ended the week with laughter and gossiping all through the night. And in a blink if an eye, the week starts again with Ethics. Not that I have anything against is but seriously, do we really need to be tested on utilitarianism, teleology and Aristotle? I like learning about these ideologies but I don't like having to read and memorise certain facts just to regurgitate them out during exams.
Some things don't only require understanding. So what if you understand how the first World War started if you can't remember the date? That just renders the fact you know useless.
Speaking of facts, it really annoys me when people ask or say:
1. Oh, you're from Sarawak? When did you come to Malaysia?
- Oh, I didn't know we're foreigners.
2. So how do you find Malaysia?
- Full of douches like you. *innocent smile*
3. Oh wait, you're born in Penang. So is your mum a Malaysian citizen?
- Well douche, if you paid attention in History class, Sabah and Sarawak made Malaysia happen. If not, you'd still be Malaya.
4. So Sarawak is not as developed like Malaysia, huh?
- Oh for the last time, Sarawak is part of Malaysia and has been for the past 48 years! It's true we don't have the Twin Towers and highways stacked on top of one another but it's every bit as developed as KL. Heck, are you even developed? If you are, then why is Malaysia still called a "developing country"? Note the -ing in develop.
5. Omaigoat, they eat like everything there! Snakes, crocodiles, etc.
- Why do you care so much? They're not hunting you for food. Take a chill pill, will ya?
6. Is the education system there the same as in Malaysia?
- *stares*
7. *Hasty amendment of question* I mean, is the education system there same as in the peninsula?
- It's definitely different. We learn that most people from the peninsula are douches and are an embarrassment to the rest of us Malaysians. So don't you dare call yourself a Malaysian when you don't even know Malaysian history.
I think would be better if Sabah and Sarawak separate from the peninsula. But wait, then where would I belong?
Signing out,
LOST
i agree! peninsulans like to think of sabah and sarawak as this seedy undeveloped place with stretches and endless carpets of grass and jungle, and i think they half expect us all to live in wooden kampungs. i get picked on about "not having newspapers in sarawak" almost everytime when i'm not up to date about the latest political issue...but they should know better; we borneons are not so politically divided, raging for "rights" or "changes" as much as they are. they may call us ignorant, but at least we've kept strong our cultural solidarity. after all, ignorance is bliss.
ReplyDeleteLet's not forget that we empower the main source of timber to these ignorant idiots.
ReplyDeleteYou know, ignorance leads to prejudice against stupidity. Always.
"I think would be better if Sabah and Sarawak separate from the peninsula. But wait, then where would I belong?"
ReplyDelete- BORNEO. And, "I'm from Borneo" sounds a lot better than, "i'm from Malaysia" too ohoho.