Before the holidays I told myself I am going to take time out in the evenings, go to the park and jog. Or at least do something that would increase my heart rate and eventually strengthen my heart muscles so I don't get out of breath when climbing up the steps in the college library.
When I arrived home, I said I was too tired. I'll start the next week. The next week rolled by and it was Gawai. That's when we go to the village. So not that week then. What about the following week?
Turns out, every evening I would be preoccupied with something else. Helping mum prepare dinner, completing chores just before mum comes home so she doesn't suspect I've been spending too much time on the computer, watching movies and catching up on television shows. The usual.
This afternoon I told myself, after coming back from the movies I will lace up my running shoes and go to that blasted park and run (or at least jog) and try not to get a side-stitch. There. I had all intention and BAM! It started raining. Oh sweet rain. Sweet blessed rain. And my, it poured. Thunder, lightning- the whole works.
Okay, maybe I did cheat a little. I made that promise knowing it would rain in the evening. In fact, it was drizzling a little when I made the promise. So, I guess it doesn't work that way huh?
I may be wrong and I might suddenly wake up in an alternate universe or something, but I don't think I would be able to even attempt to jog this time around. I mean seriously, it rains ever evening. Every single evening. So no jogging for me then?
WRONG! My treacherous brain just reminded me that I can wake up early in the morning and do some laps. Oh brain, you have betrayed me. How could you? Betrayed the very vessel that houses you!
Since it has come to my attention that I could achieve my goal of jogging a little in the morning, then I shall at least attempt it right? That way, if I do fail I can say "Well, at least I tried," and put on my million-dollar smile :D
And now to have a little chat with my brain..
Signing out,
zen-sarcasm
No comments:
Post a Comment