Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Can Hear You Dreaming

Distance- Christina Perri 
Experimenting with a new writing style so be nice okay? :D 


The scent of old books and parchments wafts into the air, mingling with the faint odour of damp carpets- vaguely reminding visitors of the monsoon. 


As I pace amidst the enormous book racks, each book whispering tales of princesses and dragons, of horses and knights, kingdoms and realms, of the past, present and future- an insight into the mind of the idiosyncratic author. 


A flip of a page and immediately I am whisked away into a world of wonder and imagination. Instantly I am enthralled by writer and his words- oh, his words intricately woven together like a tapestry, like a painting on a blank canvas. 


Engrossed by the wonder and the beauty of words, I turn page after page only to discover I have come to the end of the chronicle. The faint clanging of swords and the sound of mail hitting the ground all tucked away safely in the recess of my mind.


Replacing the book back onto the shelf, I set out to seek my own adventure. 


Signing out, 
marginally-sane


PS: In case I didn't write out clearly, this is my description of a library.. So yeahh..

No comments:

Post a Comment