Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Economic Downturn

The economic situation is so bad, it even forces tuition centres to stop using the telephone.
Well, not altogether.
But only for the sole purpose of calling their students.
Who, by the way, pay every single month of tuition fees without fail.
And if accumulated (minus tax and electricity/water bills), one can make a call to Alaska and talk for 3 hours straight.
Now, why am I talking about this?
How should I put this?
Hmmm...
A tuition teacher (let's call him Mr X) decided to take advantage of the holidays and go elsewhere instead of enlightening his fellow students who, again I state, pay their tuition fees without fail.
What happens it that an innocent girl (me) who is running late for tuition, receives a text message from a friend saying that there is no tuition tonight.
How did she find out?
A friend who went there early to secure nice seats away from the frigid cold air.
A friend whose parents sacrificed time and money to send their daughter to tuition so she could gain knowledge and who knows, find a cure for cancer in the near future.
So, friend (I shall call her friend, you know who you are) walked up the stairs and to her horror, saw that class is CANCELLED!
*unanimous gasp*
I know.
Where is the justice?
Can't Big-Shot-Tuition-Centre call up their students?
If it really is too expensive, then shorten your call:
"No tuition today. Replace tomorrow morning at 9.30 am. Kthxbai."
See, short and simple.
So now if innocent girl (me) and innocent girl's friend (E) had no cell phones, we would probably end up just like poor friend.
I feel for her.
Maybe I should make it up to her.
Chia her makan or something.
On second thought.... tak jadi lah.
Talking about cell phones, do you see how important cell phones are today?
Cell phones live up to their names.
Cell- the basic unit of life.
Cell phone- the basic unit of life for every teenager.
Without it, teenagers would probably cease to exist.
*sound in background* LAME..
I heard that!
Signing out,
EVIL!!!

3 comments:

  1. (lame... lame... lame...)

    *echos*

    ReplyDelete
  2. that happens to me all the time...i went to my physics tuition 3 TIMES already then they told me: class cancelled.

    i had to wait alone in the blistering darkness, hoping for the arrival of my steed. =.="

    i understand your/your friend's pain.

    ReplyDelete