Monday, August 24, 2009

Discrimination

dĭ-skrĭm'ə-nā'shən
1. an act or instance of discriminating.
2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs.
Last Friday, our class suddenly had a divide.
An obvious divide.
And for obvious reasons too.
If you consider needing blood and knowing who to get it from.
Yes, we did blood grouping test thingy whatchamacallit.
Since I already knew my blood type (and was scared looking at the freaking big poking thingies),
I chicken-ed out.
Yes, the brave me chicken-ed out.
I mean, I can't mutilate myself.
I can get someone else to do it, but not me.
So there!
Anyway, I am proud to say that I have blood type AB.
Which means I can receive or accept blood from anyone with any blood type.
Just as long as they don't have HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis.
The O's in my class are quite jealous of those with AB.
And since there happened to be more O's than AB's, they all ganged up and well, ganged up.
After we put our differences away, we found out that most of us have our blood types in our names.
For example, mine - ABigail
Lippy's - chOng .....
Bol's - Olivia
See?

During recess:

Amanda: Elaine, what's your blood type?
Elaine: *thinking Amanda asked her what she's eating* Uh, bee hoon.

Signing out,
selfish and proud

Ps: We now know that Gurprit is a vampire. She didn't come to school on Friday. Avoiding temptation perhaps?

1 comment: