Saturday, December 18, 2010

Let's Go Back to 1983

Being a civic-minded Malaysian left me RM8 poorer. Yes, I could have saved RM8 if I did not buy the train ticket from Teluk Pulai to Mid Vally station and back. Why?

Simple.

Practically any Tom, Dick and Harry can get on the Teluk Pulai station without a ticket. I can buy a ticket from Mid Vally to say Subang, pay less and ride for free all the way to Teluk Pulai because the gate is always open and anyone can gain access to the platform.

It did not cross our minds to do such things. We were far too innocent to cheat the system. Also because when we reached the Mid Valley station, we had to use the tickets to get out of the station. Lo and behold, the ticket thingy malfunctioned so we all just dropped our tickets in a bin provided. Bonus point: no one was watching. Most people did not drop their tickets in. For keepsakes, I suppose. So, IF I travelled without a ticket, I would have saved RM4 from Teluk Pulai to Mid Valley.

After a long day of shopping, we went back to the station and bought a ticket back to Teluk Pulai station. And guess what? The machine was still down! Which meant we could have used the train services all the way to Teluk Pulai for FREE! rawr.

Yes, another RM4 spent. And that makes RM8 altogether. *frustrated face* I am thus RM8 poorer. More like RM58 because I ended up getting something. Heh :D

Signing out,
something-fried-please?

Ps: I do not recommend you to do it (try to get on a train without a ticket) though. But maybe, just maybe, you thought of going to Klang and suddenly changed your mind and decided to get down in Teluk Pulai to see me, don't tell anyone. Hush XD

No comments:

Post a Comment