December is now officially "The Month of Awesome". And then immediately after typing that out, I rethink my statement. I may have embellished and exaggerated a little. Okay, maybe a lot. I mean, it's always raining, it's the mosquito-breeding season, clothes take a while to dry, it's when I tend to overspend and owe my sister money. Yeap, I'm definitely retracting that statement.
Then again, December is the month of sales, the month of holidays, the month with nice movies, the month with eccentric fashion statements. THE MONTH OF CHRISTMAS!
I have never been this high for Christmas for quite a while. Maybe because every year I end up celebrating it in Klang. I mean, Klang is an okay place. Nice malls, great sales, choices galore and Kuching still has some catching up to do, but maybe it's the company I miss. Not forgetting last year I had to prepare myself mentally for National Service.
So, Christmas. Why is it special? Yea, commemorating the birth of Christ and so on and so forth. I think Wikipedia can provide a thorough explanation about it but why do I like Christmas?
Maybe I like the carols sung? Maybe I like the decorations? As much as I like that part of Christmas, I like the Christmas air. When everyone is in a good mood. Everyone is willing to forgive, give out gifts, be nice and everyone is wishing everyone else a good day ahead.
But why should it be practiced only during Yuletide? Personally I think it should be a habit, a culture. Why should we be forgiving only during Christmas and raise hell at other times? Are we just being nice during Noel and at other times we treat other people worst than the dirt under our feet?
Maybe we've all been hypocrites the whole time- being nice in front of people we know and unkind to strangers just because they looked at you funny.
So in the spirit of Christmas, give up a seat in the train or bus for someone older even if they're able-bodied. Ask the person at the back of you in a shopping line to pay first at the check-out counter. Say hi to a stray cat. Smile at anyone random- not just the cute guys! And last but not least, go treat yourself to some chocolate or ice-cream and while eating, think of something nice you've done for someone the whole year. You might find yourself smiling. If you can't think of anything, then just think of ME!
Signing out,
onion-banana-juice
I don't see how onion banana juice connects but okay! Haha! And smiling at stray cats is defo something new! :P
ReplyDeleteOnion and banana juice is from the Avatar cartoon. You would know it if you watched Book 2 or 3.
ReplyDeleteBtw, it's not smile at a stray cat. Smile at people. Say hi to cats.
ReplyDeleteAnd that's saner how, I don't see. Hahahahaha.
ReplyDelete