Saturday, January 22, 2011

Maybe This Time

The author is currently updating her blog using Mozilla Firefox in an attempt to make the font size smaller. She does not know if it will work but she says it's worth a shot.

Last night I walked out of my room and into the kitchen. I heard the sound of plastic rustling and I immediately knew it was our 'friendly neighborhood lizard' or more affectionately known as a cicak. As I turned the tap on, I silently prayed that it would just stay in the plastic bag until I leave.

But nooo.. The cicak had to jump out of the bag and onto the kitchen counter. If I were to translate it's thoughts into English, it was probably thinking: Oh, someone's coming. *jumps out of bag* SURPRISE!

This immediately triggered a cascade of reactions from yours truly. "Holy sheep! Oh my goat! *bleep bleep* What the *bleep* are you- Oh *bleep* Good grief *bleep*" I instinctively grabbed anything near me- another plastic bag. I threw it at the flippin reptile and watched the plastic bag flutter to the floor AND THE LIZARD DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH! asahjfklfdhjal!!!

Then without warning, it jumped [yes, I swear it JUMPED] down from the kitchen counter to the floor. Cornered, I grabbed yet another plastic bag [why was there an infinite supply of plastic bags, we'll never know] and threw it at the accursed reptile and once again, watch it flutter in vain and land approximately 2 feet away from the lizard.

Then, as quick as it appeared, it disappeared into the darkness leaving me in the silence of the kitchen with the occasional drip from the faucet. Cicak- 2. Abigail- 0.

Signing out,
je t'adore

1 comment:

  1. absolutely a strong, convincing sequel to the cockroach attack. thumbs up!

    ps: lol, dramatic much! XD

    ReplyDelete