Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Some Nights I Call It A Draw

Some Nights- Fun

The thing about being a female driver is that people start judging you the moment they see you hit the unlock button on your car keys and open your car door. Immediately people (especially men, for obvious reasons) start observing you a little closer. 

If it's because they're appreciating your beauty, it's not so bad. But you can be sure that every single one just goes "Let's see how she drives" and "Wow, that would explain the horrible parking." 

I'm not saying that I'm an amazing driver and heck, I can't park well. In fact, I once asked a random guy parked beside me to help me park my car. But in my defense, it was my first time driving alone to work and the lot was really weird. It was slightly raised that the end. But I did it on my own anyway as the guy guided me into that spot. 

During my week driving my dad's car, the only mistakes I made was taking the wrong lane at the toll booth and misjudging my distance to get the parking ticket from the machine. Other than that, the Federal Highway is an absolute nightmare at 7am and 5-8pm. 

Basically the thing about Indian parents (and this mostly happens to girls) is that they will pamper you so much until you end up having to rely on other people to get things done. My dad suggested (numerous times, I might add) that I ask my cousin for help to send me to work, or switch cars with my cousin for a smaller car so it's easier to maneuver. Perseverance and constantly ignoring his ideas got me the confidence I needed to be on the road as well as the courage to use a sedan. 

Now I'm just going to be a hermit and not go out for about a week cos I'm so very broke. Until next time :) 

Signing out, 
satin-bands

No comments:

Post a Comment