I Wanna Be Yours- original poem by John Cooper Clarke, adapted and performed by the Arctic Monkeys
Alternative title- Evolution of my hair
I've always had roughly the same hairstyle. I mean, come on. If you're born with straight hair, there's not much you can do except grow it out really long and then chop it all off. Or get bangs.
I change my hair when I get bored and the reason I get bored is when circumstances change. A major change in my life warrants a change of hair. However, there's always a small dilemma when it comes to changing my hair- I'm afraid to go any shorter than shoulder length. Which is why after high school, I have resorted to dyeing it. So what if I told you the changes I've made to my hair were actually related to my life?
I could date this 'hair-volution' all the way to back when I was 16. I didn't score straight A's in PMR and so I got sent to 4 Science 2. Looking back, I realised how much leaving the same classmates and friends I've made for 3 years to a class where I barely knew people shaped who I am today but at the age of 16, you can only imagine how much I loathed myself. Scoring a grade that was so close yet so far really made me sick to my stomach. And that was the first time I cut my hair short.
After I left high school and went on to college, of course, things happened there too and I was involved in a sort of flirtationship. I guess at that time, I finally saw myself as being someone that someone else could actually like- which I've never considered before. (Note: there were those silly flings in high school but those were flings which left little or no impact on my life)**. That's when I decided to highlight my hair. Highlighting my hair then felt like a form of escapism, almost rebellious.
Of course that eventually fizzled out and died leaving me back to boring hair. A traumatic experience like that made me think about changing my hair again. This time involving bleaching half of my hair and dyeing it red. I've never felt so uninhibited. I was ready to be a little badass and I got my second piercings that I've always wanted.
Now that I'm back to where I'm supposed to be- mellow and generally calm- I decided to get rid of the red-turn-blonde hair ends, cut it shorter and dye it a dark red-purple.
So now I'm back. With a more badass hair cut, a badass hair colour and I shit you not, badass piercings ;)
Signing out,
hand-grenades
**(Note: It's not that I needed a guy to validate me, I just never considered being someone's 'type' before)
No comments:
Post a Comment