Thursday, February 27, 2014

Empires Fall in Just One Day

Ready, Aim, Fire- Imagine Dragons 


**This post will contain some choice swear words directed at a particular internet service provider** 

I've been extremely patient with Unifi and this is the last straw. I decided to lodge a complaint via Twitter and I guess the only good thing I can say about their Twitter admin is that this person is extremely patient. However, it doesn't help with my situation. 

First of all, I decided to do a speed test. Now there are dozens of speed test available to choose from right? So obviously I pick the first one suggested by Google called speedtest.net. After running it, I discovered that the speed was a measly 0.21-1.5 mbps. Imagine my shock and horror when all this while we've been paying them for 5mbps and this is the shit they supply us with? 

Naturally I tweeted them with a screenshot of that speed test. They replied asking me to try using their speed test on their TM website. Okay, no problem. I ran it and WHOA! They told me I had a download speed of 7.7mbps and an upload speed of 3mbps. It would have made perfect sense if it wasn't for me trying to upload that picture of the screenshot THREE bloody times before actually succeeding to upload it. 

Not to mention when I said it takes longer than 30 seconds to load a single Facebook page, they had the balls to tweet back and say it should only take approximately 5 seconds to load it. Well no shit, Sherlock. 

So here I am trying to get them to give me a proper answer when I realised, "hey maybe they've already put a cap on our download volume." I asked them about it and their reply went something like this (note: this was the same time I asked them about the 7.7mbps bullshit), "7.7mbps is normal speed when you pay for 5mbps." HOLY GUACAMOLE! I never thought TM would be so generous to give us a faster speed than what we paid for. As far as I know, getting 85-90% of the speed paid for, now THAT'S generous. Getting 154% more than expected? Well screw me sideways and call me a whore! That's bullshit, I tell you. 

Anyway, after asking them about it, they asked me to check my device to see if maybe there's a problem with that. So I Googled up possibilities of a device issues and what not and guess what? Speed can be slower when the router (or whatever device it is that turns it into wifi signal etc) is not compatible. 

OHMAGOD! Is it possible that TM supplied us with a shitty router that's not compatible with Unifi and that is why I'm getting shitty wifi connections? I mean, if you can't even load a 144p YouTube video without buffering, something is wrong. 

So this brings me to the end of my rant. TM, if you're reading this, we're only going to put up with this bullshit for another month or so before cancelling. 

Signing out, 
racka-lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment