Friday, February 6, 2009

The Curse of Cornflakes

We were asked to bring some CNY titbits for ISCF First Friday meeting in the morning. Cassandra brought the cornflakes mixed with peanuts and anchovies and to top it all off, it was errm mixed in sambal. Thus the name "Sambal Cornflakes". Anyway, it was a big hit and Joanna actually 'ta-pau'-ed some back. Amanda decided to follow suit.



Amanda: Cassandra! I take back to class, ah?! (it was more of a statement rather than a question)

Cassandra: Okay, okay!

Me: Whoa, later eat in class, ka?

Amanda: Ya..ya.. We sit at the back eat.



So, we brought the lovely thing to class. Before long, it was passed around the class like a hot gossip; spreading like wild fire. In fact, the fire was in their mouths (cos it was REAL pedas).



Emily: Wah.. I love it! (reaches for more)

Maxine: Really? I want to try! (starts unscrewing container)

Olivia: Eh Maxine, hot you know..

Maxine: But I want to try.



She just took ONE cornflake and was running for her water bottle.



After recess, the bottle was passed around again. While waiting, Emily and Maxine were very engrossed in their conversation.



Emily: *something..something..i-don't-remember-was she was saying*

Maxine: *something..something..answers-Emily's-question*

Emily: Eh, baby leh? (starts cranning neck looking for something in front)

Maxine and I: What baby?

Emily: Cornflakes baby.

Both of us like peng..



By the time it was 11.55 am, this is what I was left with:




Signing out,
corny-flakes-are-yum=)

No comments:

Post a Comment