Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me- The Director

So, a very good friend of mine said that I would make a great director. Then it got me thinking, if I do become rich and famous, I want people to know the place where I grew up and it being associated to my name. Like Kenny Sia. Even he's all over the place (eg KL and such), people still associate him to Kuching.

It got me thinking, where would I put myself? Let me now tell you my life's history.

I was born in Penang. That would make me a Penang-ite, no? To tell you the truth, I don't really remember my life in Penang.

Then we moved to Kay-El. So am I a full-fledged KL-ian? Uh, I don't think so. Throw me in Jalan Bukit Bintang and I doubt I can find my way home except if I have enough money for taxi fare. So, yeah. Not a KL person indeed.

Primary school in Klang. I have to admit, I did enjoy my primary school days. Well, I was very different then. Some may know this. A good friend from primary school posted a class picture on Facebook. Go find it la =D But no, I don't think I would want to present myself as "Abigail from Klang". Doesn't have that nice ring to it. Besides, I would have to say that I was quite excited to leave Klang to move to Kuching. So, no Klang.

Secondary school in Kuching. I would have to say that I grew most in Kuching. Not only physically but emotionally and spiritually.

-I found friends that I could confide in (not that I have a specific friend that I tell all my secrets to).

-I found the joys of going out an exploring Kuching town and can now navigate through town like an expert (Kim bestowed that title to me). But I suppose that title would have to go. Ever since The Spring opened, I haven't step foot in town for quite a while now.

-I went to concerts (not as cool as Ne-Yo's but wattodo..), parties, beaches, fieldtrips and adventures in Kuching.

-I have a freaking park with a freaking large statue of Cheng Ho just 500 metres away from my house. Beat that =D

I wouldn't know where I will go after I get my results. Maybe I'll just go back to KL. Maybe one day I'll travel the world. Maybe one day I'll migrate somewhere. But one thing's for sure. I would most definitely come back to Kuching because for some reason, Kuching is home. So there.

Signing out,
Abigail-Kuching


ps: Another friend said that I'ver secretive and that if she'd 'kumpul' all my friends and ask them to spill my secrets, she would find out all the skeletons in my closet. True?

3 comments: