Ever since I watched the ending of Avatar the Last Airbender and wrote a blog post on how it could go better, I have been addicted to fan fictions written to celebrate the awesome-ness of Zutara. Only Zutara shippers would get what I mean.
Of course all of this would not have started if *cough*Maxine*cough* didn't tell me that the fan ficts exist. So now I'm reduced to reading fan ficts. Woe is me. I suddenly feel very, VERY pathetic. Sighs. But you know they say (who are 'they' anyway?) that admitting is the first way to getting over an addiction. No, I'm not addicted. Just annoyed.
I can't say much about what I've read. Although I have to say thank God that I have yet to come across any rated 18. Of course the authors that wrote these ficts are Zutarians. So of course Zutara would be the main focus. But I can't say much about the other charecters. I mean, some are just a little bit inaccurate.
For example, Sokka being the over sensitive, over emotional and over protective of his sister. To make matters worse, he is so not funny in that one. However, there is another that I read and it really did capture the essence of Sokka. UN-DUH-PANTS!! Heh..
I'm not sure if it's the same fict or not but Zutara fought just a little too much. It was just too lame so I stopped reading. Believe me. The pattern was fight, make up, fight, make up. BORING!!
Another (or was it the same one?) was that Toph was very attached to Zuko and Zuko to Toph. Something about a (sane) sister he always wanted. What is that all about?
I have to say that the funniest is this one still in the early planning process. Something about the Avatar being like a three minute instant noodle *cough* Can't say much about that.
Another (probably the same), Mai throwing herself all over Zuko where Katara unleashes her fury and punches her in the face warning her to stay away from her fiance was it? Something like that.
Iroh being some manipulative weirdo forcing Zutara to happen as a sign of peace to the world.
Oh, and something about turtle ducks trying to take over the world. I'm confused. Reason is that I read fast (or more accurately skim through) the whole story. So, yeah..
Signing out,
fan fever?
Ps: I can't really tell if I'm a full blown Zutarian but I can say that the creators were definitely on like drugs or something cos there were obvious hints that Zutara was real. Just that typical kids show, the hero just HAS to get the girl he was crushing on in the begining of the show. So there. Grrr..
No comments:
Post a Comment