Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And We'll Have The Scars To Prove It

Hi, I'm Bond. Ionic bond. Taken, not shared

Sometimes the wars we fight may not be tangible. We're constantly fighting. Fighting to prove ourselves to other people. We always say "I don't need to prove myself to you because I'm independent" (or something similar to that) but do we really mean it? Or are we just bipolar?

Anyway, how am I? Last I checked, I'm still slightly mentally unstable (then again, when have I been sane?) and an insomniac. The later due to awesome internet connection :D Oh Unifi, have I told you how much I love you?

So recently, my sleep patterns have become rather erratic. I can't quite blame this on the internet speed because it has been around for quite some time. I go to bed at 12 but only fall asleep at 2 or 3 in the morning. Which leaves me with roughly 3 hours of sleep if I wake up at 6.30am. But what happens when I can sleep in? I wake up at 12pm. Which means I actually slept for the recommended 6-8 hours daily.

This should keep my up and running for the day right? WRONG. My brain then decides it's time for a nap at 3pm so I give in and retire to my bedroom. Sleep consumes me and before I know it, my alarm rings or my dad calls. OHMAILORD, it's 6pm. Tummy grumbles. Time to go look for food. So I practically roll out of bed to get food. I am such a pig.

Because of this, I have eye bags and dark circles under my eyes. No wait, scratch that. My eye bags have bags. They're eye luggages for crying out loud! I bet I'll be charged for extra baggage handling if I get on a plane. I really have to get back on my sleep schedule.

To kick-start this plan, I shall take a short nap now. Hahaha, who am I kidding? I shall sleep until my dad wakes me up (which would be later in the evening).

Signing out,
life-gave-me-melons

1 comment:

  1. Oh Abbyyyy.

    Did you know that if you don't sleep for 7-8 hours (yes 7, 6 isn't enough) and wake up by 8am each day you don't have enough sleep? As in, even if you sleep at 3am and wake up at 10-11am those couple of hours after 8am are regarded as lost sleep. Can't be compensated, nope.

    I learnt it the hard, hard way.

    C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete