On The Bright Side- Never Shout Never!
There's something we'd much rather be doing than whatever we're doing now. I'd like to think that one day, everything will all just fall into place- it would just settle down like the glitter and those white thingies you get in snow globes. But no. I wake up every morning only to look at myself in the mirror and wonder "am I doing the right thing?"
"You see the people on TV just hosting, travelling and eating? That's my dream job."
Then why am I not pursuing my dreams? Because I'm being realistic. How many people make it in show business? Exactly. I chose the more stable, and perhaps even foolproof career because I'm afraid that my dreams would turn out to be akin to cold pancakes instead of the warm, buttery ones with golden syrup dripping down the sides as you imagined it would be.
There is no infallible choice but I'm taking the one where I can see the path and the destination, not the one hidden by the undergrowth of doubt and blocked by the shrubs of ambiguity. All I'm hoping for is that I don't wake up one day in my mid-forties and regret that I chose the safer, more acceptable option.
So why aren't you chasing your dreams?
Signing out,
two-sugar-no-cream
"...warm, buttery ones with golden syrup" made my heart ooze with so much feels.
ReplyDeleteI feel your post Abby, SO MUCH FEELS. I've always been more idealistic than practical, so I suppose that there's still a tinge of me that holds on to the hope that I won't have to get real job but rather, get a job that I love.
By the way, I love the stuff you've been writing lately. It feels more personal; more relatable stuff. Growing up and all. We're really aging aren't we?