Monday, July 2, 2012

Do You Gaze At Your Doorstep and Picture Me There?

Are You Lonesome Tonight- Elvis Presley. 


Have you ever wanted to freeze a moment so badly? Freeze it so you could live in that time period forever. You don't want to leave that instant because at that point of time, everything is perfect- perfect and carefree. 


I think we're afraid to leave that juncture because then things might change. We know that people change and that's what we're afraid off. We're afraid that they won't remember us, that they'll forget the times we laughed until we cried or even the other way around. 


We're afraid of drifting apart. Because drifting happens so gradually you never notice the effect until much later and what's even worse than that bit is the fact that we don't mourn for that lost friendship. We shrug it off and move on but secretly hoping that the other person would pick up the phone first and call. 


Well, this post turns out to be a pretty depressing one, so I'm just going to end the melancholic bit and move on to happier things. Like this huge mosquito bite on my leg. If I don't scratch it too often, then maybe it won't add to the collection of mosquito-bite-scars. Perhaps one day, I'd take the time to do something about those other scars like get treatment or whatnots. 


Signing out, 
cotton-pjs

No comments:

Post a Comment