Sunday, November 4, 2012

And You Fill My Head With You

Bloom- The Paper Kites

I blinked and suddenly it's November. Now all I'm really worried about is getting accommodation for IMU next year. It's not easy since we're trying to get a whole unit and people seem to be turning away students. Like as if single, working adults are any better. At any rate, students have to study and young adults have money to blow. Obviously the young adult would make a bigger mess, if that's what they're worried about. 

But honestly, why are they worried? Have they heard all these horror stories from other landlords where they got their house returned in a bad condition just because the tenants were students? Oh please. Haven't they heard of isolated cases? Does one bad apple make the whole basket of apples bad too? 

I've met students who are clean-freaks. They go absolutely mental when they see soap scum in the bathroom and dust on the table. I've met adults who are absolute pigs at home. So why are they discriminating against us students? 

Are the landlords hoping a family would move into their houses? Oh please. They would be absolute idiots if they think a proper family would live there. The area is not nearby any schools (unless they're super old cos the said parents have kids going to the UNIVERSITY ACROSS THE ROAD!) and the nearest work place would be TPM- home to singles who practically work there 24/7 because that's what they do. 

I kid you not. That area of Bukit Jalil is just filled with young people- working or studying. Besides, the current landlords bought that place thinking it was a good investment since it housed the athletes during the Commonwealth Games and then prices plummeted because it was a dead town. And now they want families to stay there? They have to be out of their blooming minds. They can, however, make loads of money if they would just be less uptight and rent the places out to students. It's not like rent is cheap there anyway. 

So instead of walking around like there's a broomstick up your arse, lighten up and.. oh wait. Hang on. I've suddenly reverted to ranting about something (or more like someone else). Do forgive me (: 

Now to continue grumbling about the economy and the plight of my friends and I in the safety of my own mind. 

Signing out, 
frosted-flakes

No comments:

Post a Comment