Today marks a day in history. One where I blogged for a second consecutive day and the other because today, on the 25th of January 2012, I, Abigail, watched a Chinese movie in the cinema. It was not only very Chinese, it was a local Cantonese movie. If you're wondering if I was either drugged or under the influence of alcohol-neither. It was a conscious decision. Well, sort of.
"Abby, wake up. Wanna watch Ah Beng the Movie?" my dad suggested while nudging me to get out of bed.
I groaned and felt around the bed for my phone to look at the time- 9.15am
I croaked, "Watch what?"
"Ah Beng the Movie. I checked the time and we could catch the 11.50am show if you get ready now."
Soon we were off to TGV and that's when I noticed the poster.
Ah Beng the Movie: Three Wishes and at the corner Cant. short for Cantonese.
"Dad?" I called out. "You realise it's a Cantonese movie, right?"
"Don't worry. I'm sure there will be subtitles." he assured me while excitedly standing in line for tickets.
And he was right- there were subtitles.
Signing out,
parachutes-and-paradise
No comments:
Post a Comment