Let the music play
The start of a new semester brings new beginnings, hope renewed and last but not least, exam results. Truth be told, I am not particularly in a celebratory mood especially after Chemistry. Flipping through the paper, I noticed careless mistakes, errors I could have avoided, a blunder on my part and all this just amounts to my ever increasing self-loathe.
I have finally admitted out loud that sometimes I just have a certain revulsion towards myself. I know that I shouldn't feel this way and when I do, I feel worse. Almost depressed in fact. They say the first step to the road of recovery is to acknowledge the fact and maybe now I finally do.
Looking back at my paper, I noticed mistakes done so carelessly like obtaining the answer for a multiple choice question and marking the wrong answer on the answer sheet. And guess what? I did that THREE times! I forgot to write the units costing me one mark. My electronic configuration of copper (I) ion has a 4s1 electron (I don't know what possessed me to put that in), I didn't write the bond angles when it was clearly stated in the question and I only wrote the shape. I forgot the word 'deprotonation' during the exam so I had to write ligand exchange so I wouldn't have to leave that part blank only to remember that accursed word while handing in my paper. Oh Abigail, aren't you a genius?
The worst feeling is knowing that after 3 semesters, this is the kind of results I'm producing. And with only one more term to go and finals looming in the horizon, I am probably the worse person to offer words of encouragement and sympathy with me snapping at everyone being all irritable and antisocial.
After posting this, I dread the words that might come out of my peers which would probably be "PIA UNTIL KENOT PIA ANYMORE! Then when you feel like kenot pia, drink Red Bull then pia some more!" Ah, my friends give excellent advice, don't they?
I end this post with a note that I might have may or may not mildly exaggerated to some extent my sanity and my views on public examinations.
Signing out,
ai-laff-cats-berry-much
Ps: I think cabbages are adorable. They're like leaves that hug each other. They give each other leafy hugs. Aren't they so full of love? :3
No comments:
Post a Comment