Preparing for Biology semester exam should have been a breeze. The drill was to read Campbell, read lecturer's notes, read Salters-Nuffield textbook, read Pearson textbook and do past year papers. But being the lazy ass I am, I:
1. read 3 pages of Campbell and got tired.
2. did not read Salter's
The only thing I can say I did [truthfully speaking] is that I read my lecturer's notes, read Pearson and did some past year questions.
Noticing a trend in our topic tests that they are usually past year questions, I decided to take the initiative to do random questions. While doing, I realised some questions are still using the old syllabus or old specifications. This was then confirmed by a friend whose friend [yea, it usually happens that way] saying that question sof this particular manner would not come out.
Famous last words: This won't come out wan. It's not in the specs (specifications).
Har-har-har.
Moral of the story? If you notice the trend of them setting past year questions, for the love of God and His creatures, do the blardi past years. Don't even bother to refer to the specifications.
But by all means, refer to the accursed specifications when it counts.
Signing out,
Lady-in-Spain
No comments:
Post a Comment