8 July 2008
This post should actually be "*smtg2* partII" but since I forgot the name of the previous post, I'll just stick to "banana" cos it's somewhat "berkaitan" to what I'm about to talk about. But before I procede, please forgive me if I miss out my 'F' cos for some reason, the button's stuck and I have to press it extra hard. A friend said its maybe for "special" reasons. She said it had something to do with the 'F' word. But as for me (being a kuai kia), I NEVER use that word.
Anyway, Banana. Reason? That's what my cousins called me during the second day of Gawai.
Actually, it was the first night. The story goes a lil like this:
My cousin and I went to the long house to meet up with my other cousins. She invited us to eat and suddenly other cousins showed up. One of my cousins brought her youngest son who is about 2 years old. At 8 something, he started to get a lil cranky and wanted to go home. To distract him for a while, my other cousin pointed up and said (in Bidayuh, of course) "Look up! Can you guess what that is?" From my side, it really looked like a banana and before I could stop myself I said, "What's that? Banana kah?" OMG!! So malu.. My cousins were like "What?! Banana? *roars with laughter* Paduhal, it was a replica of a...........

I mean, the beak was sticking out and they coloured the beak with yellow so it wasn't entirely my fault I mistook it for a banana. If you're wondering what the "banana" was for, well, its kinda hard to explain but I'll do my best..
Every Gawai, each kompo (which is the sub of a Kampung) has 'rakit' competion. The rules are simple. The raft must be made original and the deco is up to the kompo's creativity. My cousin and his friends were in charge of that and they came up with a raft complete with a replica of a hornbil. Please don't ask me what its made of but it looked so totaly cool. Anyway, they won first place and the trophy looks sooo awesome. Too bad I don't have a picture of the raft. Forgot to bring the camera. Anyway, did I explain well enough?
So, that brings me to the end of this post.
So, that brings me to the end of this post.
Signing out,
Banana Ruler
No comments:
Post a Comment