From 22nd Feb 2008
The Lotus Eater. According to my eng teacher, it means idleness. I think its a term in the old eng for 'couch potato'. Well, I feel like I've live my life like a 'lotus eater'. Maybe it's because I haven't done anything great or outstanding. So far, I'm just an average girl 'enjoying' my life. The usual things like chemistry, biology, physics...etc.. I guess I've been idle in my daily life, expecting things to just fall from the sky. Although for some apparent reason, I know about myself being idle and all, but I don't seem to do anything about it. I keep telling myself that I have to change, but it just doesn't seem to "click". Have you been through that? You just want to change and you keep telling yourself that but it's not happening. eg: "I must start studying" and before I know it, I'm blogging here.
The mid-term exam is just around the corner. TIme doesn't stop when you want it to, and goes to fast when you don't want it to. I guess its just in your mind. I mean, everyone has 24 hours right? No one has an extra 1 minute even if they needed it.
History is just down-right lame. I mean, even if we needed to study about other people just so that "we won't make the same mistakes", when are we going to learn from our mistakes if we don't have mistakes? Its just odd. Although I hope you won't misunderstand me and just make mistakes you can avoid.
Judging by the amount of words I've written, I think I've written enough. I hope I can continue doing this when I'm free.
Signing out,
The Lotus Eater
No comments:
Post a Comment