4 May 2008
Yesterday was Friday. The day of rest. Emily, Bridget and I went to town to watch 27 Dresses. Our plan was to meet at my place at 2.30 pm after school and my mum would drive us to town. The movie was at 3.30. We had a lot of time to spare (so I thought). We left the house as soon as Emily arrive (cos Bri was the first one). We piled into the car and soon, we were on our way to Medan Pelita. While I was closing the gate, I realised that I have to wear my 1 inch heel cos my sandals are busted and slippers aren't very appropriate.
On our way, my mum remembered that they closed one of the roads leading to town. So we had to take the slightly longer way. Problem is, everybody who was going to town used that way. What can I say other than "OMG, its so crowded. Setanding with the jam in KL".
We finally reached Medan Pelita at 3.27. With minutes to spare, we furiously attacked the elevator buttons. When we reached to the 9th floor, the counter was sort of deserted. We thought that the movie is not yet released. When we reached the counter, we asked for three tickets and then we saw that they changed the whole sistem in Star Cineplex. The sitting plan is now in a computer program and the ticket looks way cooler than before. So we bought one bottle of Root Beer and one Combo.
We 'marched' into hall 5 and made our 'grand' entrance and found out that there were only 6 people including us enjoying the movie. We came in while the advertisments were playing. The advertisment that I hate the most is the KFC advert. It seriously makes your mouth water just looking at the lovely chicken made with the original recipie from Colonel Sanders.. Ahhh... Surprisingly, we could only hear the audio and no visual. Hallelujah!! No watery-mouth today. LOL.
After the movie, we decided to go to Parkson. And guess what? It started to rain. Well, not the kind of rain that is really bad but just bad enough to get little drops on your head. We hurried to Hilton and asked the guy at the counter where the 'back door' was. He kindly showed us the way. People working in Hilton are friendly (two thumbs up). So passed Scoops and then made our way to Parkson while waiting for the rain to stop.
When the rain finally stopped, we walked to McD to eat something cold. Yesh, you read right. Eating cold stuff after the rain.. Yummy. After downing a chocolate sundae each, we walked to Tun Jugah and stopped in Popular bookstore. I bought a book and correction tape. Altogether, RM26.90. It was actually RM26.89 but thanks to the new 'law', I have to pay an extra 1 cent. Haiyo.. Anyway, after that we walked to Sarawak Plaza. It was nearly 7 when we reached there. Bri suggested that we bought identical charm bracelet or something but too bad, most shops don't have nice ones. So it was nearly dinner time and Emily suggested we eat in Pizza Hut. So, we walked all the way to Pizza Hut and sat down. We decided on the Hawaiian Chicken. 15 minutes later, we were digging in to a very cheesy pizza. Getting it out of the pan was trouble cos the strings of cheese weren't giving up without a fight.
At 8.30 pm, I called my mum to pick us up. It turns out, my mum and sis were already in Sarawak Plaza and saw us there but decided not to 'kacau' us. So, Emily and Bri followed me home cos Emily can't reach her mum. At home, Emily and Bri 'stumbled' upon my pictures taken when I was young. They said that my face changed so much. Really kah?
Well, that's all for my adventures on Friday night. Haha.. Note to self, don't try walking with heels around Kuching.. EVER!
Signing out,
Adventurer-in-heels
No comments:
Post a Comment