Sunday, August 3, 2008

What I've learnt today

29 March 2008

Today, like every other average day(not average cos we had to go to school ON A SATURDAY!!!) Anyway, let me go through step by step on what happened this beautiful Saturday.

5.15 am- woke up. still groggy and I couldn't open my eyes.

6.25 am- left the house to get to school

6.45 am- reached school and tried to get a little sleep but was shocked by the news Adeline Liaw told us. She said an accident took place near St. Jude. And guess what, Olivia's mum was involved. But she wasn't sure of it so we would ask Olivia later.

9.35 am- recess. went down to chat. Sat with my gang (eleh..) Then since Adeline was there, I proceeded to ask Bol whether or not the 'accident' was true. But she wouldn't answer. It was seriously an awkward situation so I decided to change to subject (Thank God for that) I told them about Emily's misunderstanding about me going on my 'date' Saturday night which is why I can't go out with them. Its a sort-of conversation.

Em: So, you can't go out with us tonight la?
Me: Yeah..
Bol: She has a 'date'
(we all thought that Emily got the two rabbit ears in 'date')
Me: (playing along) Yeah, what to do.. I'm worship leading in youth this week so I can't escape
Em: Huh? What are you talking about?
Max: You really, really thought she got date wan ha? She's a kuai kia la.. If its you, I believe la

After that, we were all laughing and I choked on my pastry.

Conclusion: don't laugh while you're eating and never pass up a time to change the subject out of an awkward situation.

9.55 am- break time over. I had physics. Cass told me that she got permission from Mdm Chan to go watch a debate by Sc1 in the hall. She also asked permission from our Physics teacher and surprisingly she said yes.

10.30 am- went to watch the debate with Lysandra and Guprit. Of course Cassandra was there. It was most informative as we had the same topic to present next Tuesday. Lucky or what?!
I went back to class (Biology) at 11.30 am. I was just to nervous cos I remembered that she wanted us to hand up something. So Guprit and I went back up leaving Cassandra and Lysandra to continue watching the debate. Thank God for Cikgu Carol, she was so light-hearted that she actually helped us even we arrive late into her class. She rawks! Class ended at 11.55 and Cassandra gave us a whole bunch of 'do's and 'don't's. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if she was the one more tensed than I am.

5.00 pm- starts freaking out because I can't reach the guitarist.

6.00 pm- get his mum's handphone number from another friend

6.30 pm- he finally calls me and I start to calm down

7.00 pm- reached the church only to find it locked. Paduhal, Mike haven't arrived yet so I took the opportuinity to go to the shops nearby. He arrives 30 seconds later and opens the grill. My mum drives off with my phone. Mike starts opening the grill and then we walk up to get to the door only to discover that he brought the wrong set of keys. The one without the keys to the door. Sigh...

Hannah (our saviour) comes with another set from her house (we were lucky to reach her just before she left the house) but for some reason, it took her quite long to get to church. Tengok-tengok, she had to pick Joan up. The door is finally opened at 7.45 pm. The ordeal is over. I will share what Mike talked about during youth in a different post.

Signing out
Kitty-Sees-Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment