19 April 2008
I went to Kuching town a few days ago with my best-est friends. Anyway, We went to watch Kung Fu Panda and to tell you the truth, it was funny. In fact, it was hilarious. But I do have some comments which I feel is good enough to appear in the newspaper (cheh, perasan..)
1. I have no idea that Angelina Jolie and Jackie Chan's voice was used. I mean, even if you change the voice to someone unknown, noone could tell the difference.
2. Ok, fine. Use their voices. But they are big stars.. Should you (director) give them something better to do (or say) than just to fill up space? I mean, they don't play much of a part in the movie. I bet there wouldn't be much (or any) difference if the "Furious Five" were there.
3. The names.. OMG.. "Master Oogway"? Isn't that like Chinese (Mandarin) for tortoise? Well, it certainly sounds that way... "Master Shifu"? Seriously.. It is as redundant as "Cuba Try" Hahaha.. But oh well, we can't blame the 'orang putih' cos it's not their "thing" but they should really consider doing some research before concocting a name.
And.. I found out that 50 bucks is enough for a movie (no popcorn or drinks.. Just tickets.), a pair of flat heeled slip-ons, lunch at McD's and half a thingy from Coffee Bean. And you have..... RM 15.65 more or less extra. Which is definitely a good thing =)
Yesterday we did our group English oral. Group name? Sexxay Monkey (please refer to cassandraoll.blogspot for the pic and a sort-of explanation) Anyway, we had to talk about the characters of this sort story called "The Drover's Wife" and our group decided to do a sketch.
Anyway, this line would probably make you laugh and possibly fall of your chair.
"The Drover's wife is an educated woman. She can read although she is in the Australian outback and away from civilization"
Scene 4 (or was is 5?)
D.W: *points to magazine excitedly* Oh Ma Gawd!! Angelina Jolie is pregnant... Again!!
"The Drover's Wife is also good in sewing"
Scene 5 (or 6)
Son: Hey mom. Watcha doin'? Making another bag?
D.W: Its not just a bag. Its Prada (White Chicks style)
Ok.. Ok.. Maybe reading it is not as fun as watching it but we couldn't get any pictures or video clips cos Cassandra's camera was out of battery. *Sigh*
Signing out,
The Critique
Ps: The criticism weren't really my ideas. So I am guilty of plagiarism (well, not entirely =P)
No comments:
Post a Comment