Sunday, August 3, 2008

Butterfly Catcher

28 Feb 2008

I'm having exams this whole week so I don't have any 'inspirational and thought-provoking' posts. But, I did look for some thought-provoking words by famous people. And so, today's post is about my comments about people's words.

1. "Don't be so humble-you're not that great"
- In my opinion, some people pretend to be humble just so that people build trust and friendship but they can end up being back-stabbers.

2. "When a man is wrapped up in himself he makes a pretty small package"- John Rustin
- This is so true as some people just care about themselves. Its like as if the world revolves around them. So, to all small packages out there, 'unwrap' yourselves. You'll be happier and so will the people around you.

3. "The key to failure is trying to please everybody"-Bill Cosby
- As far as I know, this is one of the many keys to failure. But this is the most important as most people do that. So, just be yourself. I know you're gonna say stuff like "Easy for you to say". Well, I'm also trying not to please everybody. This is one of my many long-term goals.

4. "Opportunities multiply as they are seized"-Sun Tzu (Art of War)
-I don't really know about this but to what I know, maybe it does help. I'll experiment on it and post it is a different post. I put it on 'cos I think it sounds cool.

5. "Do or do not. There is no try"-Yoda
-'Try' is a very vague word. You can 'try' and fail but you have to 'try' first. Although I think the word 'try' here refers to the "I'll try to do it. If I can't......" It's either you do it or you don't do it. Yes or no.

6. "Ideas are like stars; you will not suceed in touching them with your hands. But like a seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them will reach your destiny"-Carl Schurz
-This one is my favourite. It concerns your future and how you'll get to it. The most amazing part is how he relates it to a sailor or the 'Jack Sparrow' of the sea. I hope you'll take this as your guide too.

7. "Physics is like a butterfly. Its beautiful but hard to grasp"
-I made this one up 'cos I like physics but my mind goes blank when I sit for a paper. Its like I get the concept but application wise, I suck. This one here, refers to me. The butterfly catcher.

Maybe I should stop here. Its time I go 'catch some butterflies'

Signing out,
butterfly catcher

No comments:

Post a Comment